Wednesday, November 14, 2007

She's MOBILE!



Allison: Mom's got a camera. Man, that thing sure is shiny and silver and probably feels pretty cool on the tongue. Gotta have that. Rev up my engines....here I go! Focus....focus....must have shiny thing......must have shiny thing...GOTCHA!
Me:(as the camera gets jammed into my eye socket) Yikes! Give that back!

It's happened. Allison is mobile. We should all be afraid. I know I am. I think Jane is too. No longer are her precious toys safe from the teething, slobbery mouth of her sister. Allie surprised me today by making it across the room. The best part is how she revs up her engines before she starts off. In crawling position, she moves her little bum back and forth in the air until the momentum carries her forward. If she gets a little overzealous, her arms don't keep up and she lands on her face. Cute though, ain't she? My other favorite part is how Jane copies her. First I have Allison crawl to me and then Jane yells, "Janey's turn!". Then Jane VERY slowly crawls toward me, teetering from time to time and occasionally falling onto her stomach. I think Allison may even be faster than Jane if I were to clock them at it.

That's all.

Oh, and does anyone have a child that is OBSESSIVE about one book in particular? Jane does and right now, it's Abiyoyo. If I have to sing the song one more time......no offense Pete.

Also, does uploading and placing pictures on blogger make anyone else swear? Am I just doing it all wrong?

3 comments:

Floyd Family said...

Don't you love mobile children? Clifton is so fast it's scary. (He's already made it down the stairs twice!) I'm glad you are enjoying the same challange! And yes! I just about threw my computer out the window trying to upload pictures. Somehow mine always look wrong, and I hate it!!!!!

Unknown said...

Agreed. that's my biggest complaint about blogging - those stupid pictures! I know I could take the time to go take the picture and save it in a smaller format so it uploaded faster, but that's just as annoying and takes longer, and it doesn't change the fact that I can't get them where I want them to be! ultra annoying. but what's a blog without pictures?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Jane will probably be possessive of her toys for a while. But she also might like having someone to play with that can follow her around. I know my kids have fun, when Anna's not mauling Brooke. I hate uploading pictures too. Such a pain.