Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anyone want to buy a house?

'Cause ours is officially up for sale. Yessiree folks, step right up and take a look at our fine home. It slices, it dices, it can...leap whole buildings in a single bound...and it can be yours for only 3 easy installments of $39.99. If you act today, we will throw in a free, all-natural wild bird that will live on your front door.

No, really.

We really are selling our house and we really do have a bird living on our front door.
See for yourself:


It's a robin's nest. It wasn't there yesterday buy yet here it is today. Talk about your speedy construction. I am most impressed. I have spent the afternoon trying to convince them to rethink their locale...., instability of the foundation, noisy neighbors...not to mention doorbells, and the likelyhood of strange swaying sensations felt quite frequently. They're not really listening to me. This means I might have to take things into my own hands and relocate them myself. This is when I really wish I wasn't moving or currently showing our house. If I wasn't, I would just lock the door and keep it shut until the robins had had their little family and moved on. I HATE the thought of having to disturb this happy little home. Luckily, there aren't any eggs in it yet.

So, with or without the bird, if you have anyone interested in buying a house, tell them to buy ours. PLEASE!! It is the biggest pain in the keister to keep this place sparkling clean day after day..and be ready to show the house at a moment's notice. (By the way, I used the word keister in front of Jane the other day and she asked what it meant. I told her it meant her behind and she won't believe me. She told me I was lying and there is only one name for a bum "and that is BUM! B.....M....M!!" This discussion went on for 20 minutes. Can anyone back me up here?)

Anyway, for all you who have sold a house, I have all new respect for you - now I know how much work it is. But we're ready for a change and it's a great time to buy a house if you can sell your own. Wish us luck!

8 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

Good Luck! Are you moving to Daybreak? I was looking at the pretty houses in Northshore today and thought of because I know you were thinking about moving there. That would be so awesome! =)

McKelle said...

Where are you guys looking to move?
You have a really cute house.

Paige said...

Matt told me! He's jealous because now is such a great time to buy a nice new house. Good luck selling yours, I'm sure it'll go great! And I love the bird's nest!

Megan said...

Good luck! It is a pain to keep a house show clean! Where are you moving? Fort Collins, right? We have 2 empty lots right next to ours ;).

kaylyn said...

Wow! I didn't know you were thinking of moving! I assume you're staying in Utah? I don't envy your position with having to keep it clean. Hopefully the weather will be good so you can take the kids to the park a lot. Good luck!

Annie said...

Um, this better be some sort of a joke. And if it isn't, you better be moving somewhere called Eagle Cliff Way!!!! And if you're not, be prepared for Jane to be kidnapped. By ME!

Hoopy said...

EMILY!!! you do NOT get to leave us!!! We'd miss you too much!

elisadp said...

BERKELEY IS CALLING YOU HOME...