Friday, May 01, 2009

Happiness Is.......

These are the things that have made me smile lately.

Happiness is....


....SELLING YOUR HOUSE!

(Or I guess I should technically say, "under contract." We sold it in a little over 3 weeks. This is nothing short of a miracle and we feel incredibly blessed. We are currently taking suggestions on what in the heck we should do now. )

......TRAMPOLINES


(I know. I know. They are dangerous. People break all kinds of body parts on them. They are also one of my very favorite things about my childhood. So, when Jevan's dad offered us their old one, we gladly accepted. I absolutely loved my trampoline growing up - from turning on a sprinkler underneath, to countless sleepovers, to making up dance routines to Beach Boy songs..{.did I say that out loud?} to jumping off the roof onto the tramp {don't tell my parents}, I spent countless hours outside on the tramp. I can't deny my kids the same fun just because they might break an arm. Am I a bad parent?)

...CELEBRATING THE HOUSE SELLING WITH A NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN - PIZZA, BOWLING AND ICE CREAM CONES



......SWIMMING.


Why this picture you ask? Because this is why I love swimming. Not only is it fun, but it tires out your kids like nothing else - sucks the energy right out of them...until they are falling asleep in their dinner. You swim in the early afternoon and you can put your kids to bed for the night at 4pm. So great.


......SELF PORTRAITS.
\
(Does anyone else get little surprises every time you download the camera?)

See? All kinds of things to make me smile. What makes you smile?

11 comments:

Andrea Y. said...

You make me smile, Em! Thanks for putting up with my stink brother so I can claim you. Oh, and congrats again on selling your house- that really is beyond awesome.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Congrats on the house! Was it the people who came through while we there Wednesday? I hope it all goes smoothly. Good luck finding another house that you love.

emily said...

Hurrah for you guys! I'm really excited for you. There are a lot of nice places here in Orem.....I know Jevan would LOVE it! You have such a sweet little family. Thanks for the reminder on what is really important. Of course I'm referring to kids sleeping.

Bart said...

Congratulations on selling your house! And what better way to celebrate than bowling! We took our girls bowling this year for the first time and they loved the ramp thingey. Great fun. And trampolines are the coolest despite their dangers. So many trampoline memories as a kid - sleepovers and ending up in one big pile in the middle in the morning, and the painful accidental landing where your feet fall through the springs. KayLyn also had her two front teeth knocked out while jumping on one. She's beautiful now, so no harm done, right?

We also really enjoyed Jevan's post and funny stories. I also think you better take the robin family with you to your new place with a new family slogan: "The Woolleys - We're so nice that birds nest on our front door." Or train them to attack summer pest control salesmen. Either way, the world is a better place.

Lisa Burbidge said...

We are so excited for you guys, please come out our way so we can still play!!! Hey I am up for a visit anytime!!!

Annie said...

Ya, um, I can think of a place for you to look for houses. It starts with Eagle Cliff and ends with Way!!!

Unknown said...

hooray for you guys! I'm so excited for you! as long as you don't up and move to Heber that is...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling your house! In my heart I just know that you guys REALLY want to move to Herriman. Right?? What a blessing it is that it sold so quickly.

We went bowling last night, love it!

I totally agree about the trampoline. Many memories growing up...but you left one out, laying down at night looking at the stars, with boys...etc, etc. :)

I talked with Matt about getting together for a BBQ/30th B-Day/adoption/anything to celebrate. What do you guys think?

Paige said...

Congrats on selling your house so fast, that's so wonderful! Bowling and swimming sound like a lot of fun.

elisadp said...

Say it with me now: "Berkeley, California, here we come!"

Floyd Family said...

There's no place like home, There's no place like home,
There's no place like home.
And we need Auntie Em here!