Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloweeeeen Festivitieeeees

First off, thank you everyone for your sage words of advice on our crazy sleeper. I too am a huge believer in the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book (and I'm not too bright not to have thought about it sooner...) but we weren't too sure Allie would actually SURVIVE the days of training it would have most likely taken. After a couple of bad falls from the crib, her obsession with climbing on things in her room and playing with the space heater we have in there, along with the tranquilizer gun threats from her dad, I didn't argue when Jevan wanted to try the tent. However it may appear to you, it is heaven for us, and Allie was used to it after the first couple days. She is SO MUCH happier now that she has naps back again and is going to bed before 11pm. Things around here are bliss again (okay...as close to bliss as we ever get) and I must admit I love the tent.

Now onto happier topics...HALLOWEEN! I love this time of year. I love fall...almost as much as winter...I love the crisp air and the colors...and the fall holidays like halloween and thanksgiving. Both involve eating lots of stuff that isn't at all good for you, so I'm a big fan. Also, all holidays are more fun now that I have a child old enough to start understanding them. This halloween was great because Jane actually "got" it. I tried to take advantage of this and do some fun things with the kiddos.



Here's our October Halloween Festivities in pictures:


Thanksgiving Point's Scarecrow Festival with our friends and their little ones.



All the kids posing (or not so much) with the scarecrows.


Stinkers! But cute ones...


Jevan's little sister Tasha was working there as a face painter. Isn't she beautiful?


The main attraction at the festival were all the big bouncy play thingys. There were not only bouncy castles, but snakes, sharks, worms, whales..you name it. I won't tell you the comments coming from Jevan as Jane emerged from the different bouncy animals in the area where their bums should be.


Jane emerging from a shark's mouth...


A few days before Halloween we carved pumpkins with Jevan's family and Jane's cute cousins. His family has some serious talent when it comes to carving. Jane said the pumpkins all looked "really, really mad."


Jane posing with our pumpkins.


Jane was Alice in Wonderland for Halloween. I think she made a cute one.
We tried to teach her to say "Goodness!" all the time, but it didn't work so well.

Jane's first costume party with little friends from our ward.


Look at all these kids! The mom who hosted this party was a brave woman, I say.


HALLOWEEN!
We went to the neighborhood Trunk-or-Treat.
Jane is Alice, Allison is the Chesshire Cat, and I'm the Queen of Hearts. Cheesy but fun.

Allie was a good Chessire Cat..just like in the movie - she was either being darling or very naughty.




Our witchy trunk. Since I'm in YWs in our ward, I was in charge of the YW trunk.
They came up with the idea and helped...cute huh?

5 comments:

McKelle said...

Really cute costumes! I love this time of year too. It's all about the food. First you get Candy for Halloween, then you get turkey and mashed potatoes for Thanks Giving. Perfect.

I think the tent is perfect. Anything to get the kids to bed and the parents sane.

barb said...

I don't really understand how this happens, but every time I see pics of Jane and Alli I think they are as sweet and cute as they can get. And then I see the next batch of pics and they have gotten sweeter and cuter. Come on!! :-)

Unknown said...

SO cute. seriously, I don't think there has ever been a cuter little alice (or cheshire cat, for that matter) originals included. of course, they were cartoons, so I don't know how that really compares. but anyway, seriously adorable. well done.

and congrats on the tent! hooray for sanity and sleep!

Paige said...

I love their costumes--they really are the cutest girls in the world. I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween! Have you decided if you want to ride the Polar Express or not? I'm trying to justify the cost (it was cheaper last year and we didn't have to pay for M!)...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the crib tent has solved your problems! I'm sure if we had thought about it, we would have done the same before taking off the side of the crib and letting Brooke have free reign.

I love your costumes too! I don't think they are cheesy at all. Coordinated costumes are so fun! You guys looked fantastic! Was Jevan the rabbit? Hehe.