Tuesday, March 03, 2009

McDonald's ain't got nothin' on this....

So we all know that in today's society, the "Kids Meal" is all about the cool toy that comes with the food. It certainly isn't the food. I must admit I almost never visited McDonald's before I had kids, and now, we probably hit it once a month. And everytime, Jane begs me to dig through the greasy fries to find the little prize at the bottom...the Hannah Montana finger puppet, the monster truck road rally kit, ...the ....spy kids GPS tracking system. It's amazing the stuff they stick in there. But all their high-tech gadgetry does not impress me. I have now found my favorite Kids Meal place, and if you like random, you gotta go.

This was one of those moments that was so random, you just have to blog about it. I have no idea why I find this so funny but I do.

So I spend a fair amount of time in Heber. I have 2 of my 4 siblings living up there as well as a dear friend. Yesterday I was visiting this dear friend who just had a baby (a darling little girl) and on the way home, we stopped at this funny fast food joint called Dairy Keen (awesome huh?). I have only ordered kids meals there twice - once last summer and then again yesterday. The first time I ordered a Kids Meal there, all seemed normal as this nice lady handed our food and such out the window - drinks....a couple bags....some straws and napkins.....giant 4 foot swords......WHAT THE? Yup. She handed me two huge plastic swords complete with carrying sheaths. Jane and Allie were bouncing up and down with excitement. I honestly just stared at the giant plastic poking sticks wondering what to do until the car behind me honked impatiently. So so random. As I drove away, I was still in shock as the kids began hitting themselves and me with their new prize toys.

So out of hunger and curosity, we stopped there again yesterday and here is the treasure that awaited us this time. I had the girls model them for me:



Yes friends, there be two stunning cowboy hats, one in bright neon pink tiger print and one in fabulous blue leopard print. You don't want to miss out on these beauties. Go on, take a drive to Dairy Keen.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

how hilarious! you'd better believe we're hitting the Dairy Keen for kids meals next time we're in Heber! I mean, I've been there, but how have I never ordered kid's meals there? well, never again, I say. thanks for the tip.

Crystal Ashton said...

Nice. And the binkie hanging haphazardly from the mouth totally shows the attitude necessary to carry off hats like that! Well, at least they were free...

Lisa Burbidge said...

I just love it!!!Hey next week works for me but I know that Kara has preschool on fridays so email her and see what she can do!!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Do you still have the swords? They could spar off in their cowboy hats.

Anonymous said...

We have been going there for years..a Sollis favorite. The girls love the "train burger place." We will call you next time we head up..