Friday, February 20, 2009

Apparently there's two of us in the house

Addicted to chocolate, I mean. Yesterday, I was downstairs with Jane helping her try to play a PBSkids computer game (you never realize how much coordination it takes to point and click a mouse until you watch a 3 year old try to master it....) when I realized it was waaaay to quiet suddenly. Where's Allie? Dang it. She had been taping up her feet with scotch tape just a moment ago, but now was nowhere to be seen. I ran upstairs to this:


This is what happens when you leave a box of wrapped Valentine chocolates on your dresser. Normally you think this spot is safe, until you realize that your near-two year old can make a rudamentary ladder out of your dresser drawers. Notice how in one hand she has a fistfull of at least 5 chocolates? She was in Allie heaven. The funniest part about it all was how she quickly tried to shove them all back in the box when she saw me. Sorry, honey, the chocolate beard kinda gives you away. Allie is also sporting a new trend in hairstyles. It's going to be all the rage. All you have to do is pull out the pigtails your mom put in your hair...multiple times.
Jane also told me today that she had 3 dreams last night, all about what she was going to be when she "growed up". In her words: "In the first dream, I was basketball player. In the second dream, I was a mountain climber. In the third dream, I was BUHTtographer!" So watch out world, my daughter is going into the WNBA and will then summit everest while taking pictures of "buhts" all along the way.

5 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

I love the hairdo. I think I might copy it...oh, wait! Most days I already do!

Andrea Y. said...

I can't handle the cuteness. I love your family!!!

Unknown said...

oh so funny. don't kids just have this automatic "I'm about to be in big trouble" sensor? but somehow, they still think they can avoid it. I just LOVE small people with big personalities.

Jason and Lisa Bartholomew - said...

This was so funny! (Sarah has had that hairstyle many times!)

Lisa Burbidge said...

I just love the things kids do!!! When are we going to play?? You pick the day and we will be there!!