Tuesday, December 01, 2009

In Desperation....

Happy belated Thanksgiving. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I will tell you what we are all thankful for. Jane is thankful for her cinderella flashlight. Allie is thankful for corn. (We know this because she either blesses or expresses gratitude for "the corn" in EVERY prayer, not just at dinner. I have no idea what is up with the corn.) Jevan is thankful for sleep because that is what he is doing right now. And I am grateful for a husband who willingly, if not enthusiastically will submit himself to this:


Yes, tonight we had a Tea Party Dinner.

Before you go thinking to yourself, "Here we go again with another one of those look-at-my-oh-so-cute-and-perfect-life stories", know this. This was out of sheer desperation. This was one of those times when you call your husband at 6:00 and your stomach drops when you can still hear office noises in the background. "You haven't left yet?" Yikes. And he still has a 50 minute drive ahead of him. (I know, we made our bed and now we have to sleep in it, right?) AND, your kids are about to kill each other. Dinner is almost done, the movie you put in to save your sanity is over, and so what do you do? Throw a tea party. Getting dressed up and and the table set burns up LOTS of extra time. Sheer desperation. But amusing in the end so I had to take a picture.

Also, I would recommend these tea party dinners as an excellent dieting tool. Tiny plates equal great portion control.

Oh, and not more than 20 minutes after it is all over, Jane throws herself a mighty tantrum. Does anyone else have a four year old that is 85% wonderful and 15% possessed by demons? I mean raging demons. She literally turns on a dime, too. And usually in front of the neighbor we have just met.

4 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

I'm beginning to think that is how a large percentage of 4-year-old girls are. I know a lot of them who are that way. Mine especially. Are they grown up yet? Do they have 4-year-old girls of their own yet? Don't worry. They will pay. =) (I bet my mom said that about me too.) Though, my MIL told Himself once he better cut Peep some slack because us women go through so much hormonal upheaval we deserve to have tantrums if we want. Amen.

McKelle said...

Great idea. The tea party would be a big hit in this house.

Oh, and don't worry. I have an almost 4 year old that I think is more like 50 50 when it comes to the demon possession.

emily said...

I don't care, I still think you have a perfect life. Just the fact that you thought of this idea proves it. Thanks for this fabulous idea. Can't wait to try it. Miss you!

Lisa Burbidge said...

Love every minute of it!!! Just so you know my boy is just as bad as my girl!!!! I think it is just kids in general, but as they get older the tantrums seems be be longer and louder!!