Monday, August 25, 2008

My child, the pack rat

Jane is starting to turn into a pack rat. She loves to make stashes of toys and books all over the house. Maybe she is preparing for a random toy shortage, or protecting her property from other scavengers (Allison?). Regardless the reason, it is starting to get annoying because I have to contort myself into all sorts of nooks and crannies all over the house just to find a certain toy or book. Here was what I found behind the big armchair in Allison's room this morning when I got out of the shower. What a nut. We should send her to live with the chipmunks.
Honestly, child.

2 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

You are so darling Emily! So are your children! Jevan is cute too. I know. Em has to hold on to every little semi-toylike object she finds. We have mom and baby rocks, mom and baby legos, mom and baby acorns, mom and baby edemame.... "Isn't is SOOO cute, Mommy?"

Anonymous said...

Our 4 1/2 year old has been infatuated with putting things in bags and boxes. He'll just walk around the house putting things in whatever box or bag he can find. Almost obsessively. Glad to see other kids doing similar stuff.