Thursday, October 09, 2008

My dedication page....

When I read books, I really like to read the dedication page. I like to read the ways in which authors express their gratitude to those who helped them through the laborious process of writing a book. I also like that their books are never dedicated to people with normal names; very seldom are they dedicated to just "Bill" or "my sister, Susan". It's usually to someone like "Barry 'Barrel Bottom' Bishop who gave me inspiration as well as donuts." Something like that, anyway.

This past week has been a crazy one, and I had a lot of people help me through the laborious process of coming back to the land of the living. I think I am starting to have some color in my face and I can walk up the stairs now without feeling like I hiked Everest. Only without the good views, just the kitchen.

I cannot even come close to describing how LOVED I have felt this past week. Really, really loved. If you are ever in doubt that you are loved, have something traumatic happen to you (although I don't recommend my route - go for something cool like a hip dislocation after wrestling a large animal to save a small child - it's more heroic and involves a lot less blood, which is a good thing, believe me). I have so many people to thank. So, here's my dedication page.

Thanks to Jevan for not letting me die - and still thinking I'm cute even when I look like something from the Land of the Living Dead.

Thanks to all of Jevan's family for taking care of my kids in crisis time and for always checking up on me. I LOVE all my commune dwellers.

Thanks to my family for all the phonecalls, flowers and good books.

Thanks to all my friends (my blog friends too!) for your notes and phonecalls expressing love and concern. I love my friends. Marie and Maris, thanks for taking my kiddos. You both always go above and beyond the call of good friendship. I can't thank you enough.

Thanks to my ward friends for the phonecalls, dinners and treats. It meant so much and it was so nice not to have to worry about dinner.

Finally, thanks to my wonderful mom who spent the better part of week at my house, making sure I got lots of rest and good food. She is a super star and I think Allie is more attached to her than she is to me now.

Thanks, everyone.

Oh, and thanks to Stephanie Meyer who kept me entertained with vampires as I was having blood fed through my veins. Ironic, no?

6 comments:

Andrea Y. said...

Em, you are stinking cute! Thank you for not being dead. That would not be a happy thing. Love you!

Windybrook Spinner said...

I like your dedication page. I'm glad Jevan decided to marry you and take good care of you instead of becoming "cooler than Batman." Thank you for such a great blog and for being such a delightful person and friend. I'm glad you are doing so much better.

Annie said...

It takes a strong woman to find some humor and sweetness during a rough time. You are exactly that, sweet, strong, and funny. Hang in there lady.

marisa said...

love you, em!

and thanks for always putting a smile on my face...shouldn't I be doing that for YOU right about now. sheesh-you're amazing!

Anonymous said...

I could not believe how good you looked at Chick-fillet. I am so glad that things are better and you are feeling good. Keep it up girl!

Cheri said...

Why does bad things happen to the best of people. We sure love you guys and are so relieved that things are getting better. You are such an inspiring family and a wonderful example of how to enjoy life even through the hard times. Thanks for who you are.