Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Breaking the Silence.....

Did you ever have to keep a journal in your English class? One of those random busy work assignments that forced you to practice your writing skills? I hated those. I hated them because I was terrible at keeping up with them. And, I hated them because once I fell behind, my habit of procrastination would kick in full force. The more work I had to catch up on, the more I would procrastinate. A horribly inefficient and vicious cycle. It would all end in tears at midnight and pulling an all-nighter to finish on the day it had to be turned in.

Sadly, my blog has become that monster. The summer has been crazy but fun, with lots of stuff happening that I have wanted to blog about. However, as soon as I fell behind in recording it all, I just reverted to my old ways, putting it off and putting it off.

But of course, every slacker has excuses. Here are some of mine:

1. Constant child supervision. Living at your parents house for a few months definitely has its advantages, but one of its disadvantages is that their house is not really child proof - especially for our tornado-on-two-legs two year old. I can't just let my child roam free in the house while I am on the computer like I could at my own house. There would definitely be irreparable damage to house and home...and probably the cat too. Allie sure does love the cat.

2. This summer has been our summer of vacations. Lots of good times and not much time to blog.

3. Trying to buy a house. Let's talk about ALL-CONSUMING. When I am not looking at houses, I'm looking at them online. When I'm not looking at them online, I'm obsessing about where to live and why...and blah, blah, blah. It's taken way too much of my small supply of brainpower and time lately.

But no more excuses. Here I am. In case anyone is still listening. I'm going to catch up on the summer's adventures.

AND, to all my blog friends - I'm going to catch up on all of your lives too. I've got lots of reading to do.

2 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

I'm really intersted to see where you end up. Do you see the Nelsons often? They are awesome.

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you're back on the blog. I've missed you.