Thursday, September 03, 2009

June Adventures

In June, we went with Jevan's family up to Eden, UT (near Huntsville) where we stayed in some condos for a glorious week. We all had a grand time. There was lots of time spent at the pool, and indoors just playing games and hanging out. The highlights of the trip were definitely the hiking as well as a little petting farm with LOTS of baby animals. I must admit I was most taken with the baby goats...I know it sounds weird but there is just something about a little baby goat that is just so dang cute. One day I shall have a goat. (Jevan says he can hardly stand the dog so a goat is out of the question. One day I might not have a goat.)

Again I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Besides, my friend informed that she really only looks at the pictures....and who wants to read a travel log? We were there, it was fun, we came home.


Hiking up around Powder Mountain.

My kids love their accessories. Sunglasses are a necessity around our house.

Jane was obsessed with finding these and "blowing them out" like it was her birthday. She aptly called them Wishberry blossoms. Her next favorite was holding stinkbugs and caterpillars she found on the trail. She named them all Sarah.


The llama nearly sucks up Allie's hand at the petting farm.


Jevan's sister Andrea finds her favorite spot with the baby bunnies.

Allie with my goats.

The horse ride around the corral was a huge hit.

All the crazy kids. Jane and Allie have a blast with their cousins.

My second adventure in June was running the Wasatch Back (or Ragnar) with a good friend from highschool. Jevan pretty much covered this in an earlier post but I thought I would post a couple pictures. It was a crazy experience...a little surreal at times..but super fun. The best part was all the new friends I made doing it. I didn't know anyone in our relay group but my friend when we started the journey, and by the end, I loved them all. There is something very unifying when you are trapped in a van for over 24 hours straight, your only escape being your leg of the relay where you run heart out for X number of miles. It sounds just crazy but it was a heck of a good time.
My Ragnar team...and yes, it was not too warm that morning...

And my friend Erika who roped me into it in the first place. I'm glad she did.

3 comments:

Sehruh said...

Was she naming them after me? if so... good to know i am a stinkbug in her eyes! haha (sarah Taylor)

Unknown said...

BUUUUUUUfred....

Unknown said...

sorry to say but I don't think even jevan has the power to hold back the destiny of the stars in uniting emily and her goat.