Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Raspberries!!


Have a hankerin' for some fresh raspberries? I can tell you how to get them for $2 a pound!! My sister-in-law (who is always finding cool stuff to do) found out about this place in Payson where you can go pick your own raspberries for $2 a pound. It's amazing! We went there today. You would think it was too late in the season, but the bushes were brimming with berries. I picked off of 3 rows (out of probably 50) and got 5 pounds of berries...with a LOT left over the bushes! I could have kept picking forever but my girls, covered in red berry juice, quickly lost their fascination with picking berries and began to wander, causing trouble and losing stuff (shoes, cinderella cell phones {heaven forbid we lose that!!}) and themselves in the berry bushes.

Here is the link to their website: www.westmountainraspberries.com

Read about the company...it's kind of funny.

All in all, it's fun. And then you have lots of raspberries. Pie anyone?

TIPS:
Unless you have days to commit to berry picking, don't bring HUGE containers hoping to fill them. You'll be sorely disappointed. It's uh...kinda slow work...but very rewarding in the end!

When they say wear long sleeve shirts, take them seriously.

If you bring small children, BRING THINGS TO OCCUPY THEM. In your perfect world, you think about them happily chattering away as they contentedly pick berries by your side. If you have children like mine, that ain't gonna happen. The only thing that saved us was all the TREATS my sister-in-law packed. They were so bored they even tried to have water fights with their waterbottles. I'm telling you, bring stuff.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Emily, there are still LOTS of houses available on our street.....just sayin'. We miss you guys too. I was just thinking about Jane today while we were working on songs for the program. It's just not the same without her. As for Gorgeous family, dad is doing fine, grandma is struggling and still in the ICU. Oh, and their house flooded on Thursday. When it rains, it pours I guess. Regarding diet coke, I'm going to start a group therapy program called bba (brown bubbly anonymous). Everyone keeps telling me that my cravings will go away? They totally lie.

Have you guys narrowed down the house search yet?

Thanks for the raspberry picking suggestion. Ryan's going out of town for a week and we just might venture out there.

Give Jane big fat bear hugs for me.